How to Install Time Traveler
- Download the TimeTravlerWHS.msi installation file
- Copy the TimeTravelerWHS.msi installation file to the Software\Add-Ins folder on your Windows Home Server (WHS)
- Run the WHS Console | Select Settings | Select Add-ins | Select Available | Press Install
- Note TimeTravelerWHS requires WHS Power Pack 2 or later. If you do not currently have Power Pack 2 installed then download the pack from Microsoft. From the WHS Console Settings page, select General | Press Update Now…
- The WHS Console will close
- Re-start the WHS Console and select the Time Traveler tab
- Enter your email address and order ID from your purchase. Alternately, you can use the software in trial mode which will limit the total rollback-points to a maximum of 25. Trial users can click the ‘Send feedback on trial version’ link to email any questions, issues, or concerns they have about the software. We want to hear from you!
- Select the hard drive you want to use to store your rollbak database and press the Setup button. It is recommended for best performance to use a different physical hard drive than you are using for your Windows Home Server storage pool (you can view the Server Storage tab on your WHS Console to see how your hard drives are allocated. If you add a new hard drive to your WHS at a later date and wish to move the rollback database then please see our FAQ for steps on purging and moving the database).
- That’s all! Time Traveler is now setup and ready for use. You can review the step-by-step guide for more details on using the software.